Dessert is not an everyday thing in our household but sometimes it is nice to have a bit of a treat and always nice to have a dessert when you have visitors. This classic favourite is sure to please everyone.
- 4 cups unsweetened stewed apple (I make this in bulk and freeze in cup fulls)
- 1 cup berries of choice (blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries or a mixture)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 30g softened butter
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 180c
- Mix together apple, berries and cinnamon.
- Place in a baking dish (I use on about 16 x 22cm).
- Place all crumble ingredients in a bowl and mix together - should make a crumbly mixture that holds together when pressed.
- Spread crumble evenly over apple.
- Bake for approx 20 mins until heated through and golden.
Serves approx 6
Coconutty Crunch also makes a really nice topping option. Just heat the apple through and then sprinkle with Coconutty Crunch.