Cajun spices and chicken are a match made in heaven, pair them with seasonal roast vegies and some coriander yoghurt and you have a meal fit for a king!
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 2 Tbs cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- A medium sized oven bag (keeps chicken super moist)
- Heat oven to 180c
- Take a sharp knife and cut the chicken in half (butterfly) through the centre of the breast and down either side of the backbone.
- Place in a small oven dish and rub cajun seasoning and olive over all surfaces.
- Place oven dish inside oven bag and tie shut.
- Bake for 1 - 1/2 hours (depending on size of chicken) until golden and tender.
- While chicken is cooking prepare roast vegies...
Cajan Roast Veggies Ingredients:
- 1 medium orange kumara
- 2 small red onions
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 red capsicum
- I chopped red or green chili (optional)
- 8 button mushrooms
- 1 Tbs cajun seasoning
- Chop all vegetables into about 2cm pieces
- Half and hour before chicken is due to come out, put a large flat roasting try with 2 Tbs coconut oil into oven under chicken until oil melts.
- Remove and evenly spread onion, kumara, zucchini, eggplant, capsicum and chili.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning and toss to coat vegies in oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 20 mins and then add button mushrooms, stir to combine and continue to bake for another 10 mins
Coriander Yoghurt Ingredients:
- 1 cup Natural Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
Place a bed of spinach leaves on a large serving platter, top with chicken and roast veggies.
Leftovers for lunch Ideas: