Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable. We never used to eat it until we embarked on this diet (preferring broccoli over cauliflower). Now I make sure I always have one in the fridge. They are great for using as a rice or couscous substitute or in this case to thicken cheese sauce.
- 1 cup milk or 1/2 cream, 1/2 milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped cauliflower forests
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup grated Colby or 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put milk, cauliflower and butter in a pot, gently simmer for about 20 mins until cauliflower is nice and soft.
- Stir through grated cheese (will look a bit gross at this stage).
- Pour into a food processor and process on highest setting until throughly mixed and creamy
- Transfer to a clean pot, heat gently and season with salt and pepper
- Serve over vegies or use as a cheese sauce to go with lasagne.