I really enjoy this loaf for breakfast or lunch with some avocado and tomato on it. Is very nice with just butter and the kids like it with marmite and avocado (don't think we will ever be able to eliminate marmite!). I have come to the conclusion that replacing bread is not actually possible but loaves like this do give a 'bready' option. I keep pumpkin puree in the freezer now. I cook up a whole pumpkin, puree it in the pot with my stick mixer and freeze it in silicone muffin trays, ready to use when I need it.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 60g melted butter or coconut oil
- Extra pumpkin, chia and sunflower seeds for topping
- Put dry ingredients and seeds in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix together pumpkin puree and butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold until just mixed.
- Spoon into 14 x 23cm lined loaf tin.
- Top with some chai seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and bake 160c for 40-45 mins.
- 1 cup of almond flour and 1 cup of buckwheat can be used as an alternative to make a loaf that holds together better (easier to cut and butter)
- Supercharge your loaf by taking out 1/2 cup of almond flour and replacing it with 1/2 cup 180 Nutrition 100% Natural Protein Superfood (coconut)
- Add a grated zucchini to the mixture
Amount per slice - approx 32 slices
|Total Fat||6g||Dietary Fibre||1.7g|
Please note: polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat contents may be inaccurate as they are not required to be listed on all nutritional information, therefore their values are unavailable in some ingredients.