This is a very simple way to have a sandwich without needing bread, and it is just as nice!
- 2 rashes streaky bacon (or more depending on your appetite and/or love for bacon)
- 4 slices haloumi (optional)
- 1 medium tomato sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 large spinach leaves
- Basil pesto dressing
- Oil and heat frying pan (use coconut oil or butter)
- Add bacon and haloumi. Cook until bacon is done and haloumi is nicely browned on both sides and soft in the center.
- Place spinach leaves on a plate.
- Top with bacon, haloumi, tomato and avocado.
- Drizzle over Basil Pesto Dressing.
- Fold and enjoy!
- Use leftover roast chicken or mince instead of bacon (or as well as bacon).
- Leave out the meat altogether and just use haloumi.