Something a little bit delicious to go with some Primal Crackers, used as a dressing on salads, as a meat rub or in mince to add flavour.
- ½ cup cashews soaked for at least one hour
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (can omit but does make it very nice)
- 5 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cashews, basil, garlic and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until well combined.
- This is really nice used as a dressing - mix one teaspoon of pesto with two tablespoons of olive oil and mix (add more pesto and olive oil to get desired amount). Drizzle over salad greens.
- Can also be used as a rub for steak prior to cooking
- Add a a couple of tablespoons to beef mince to add flavour
- Make with mint instead of basil and rub over lamb