My husband has always loved chocolate brownie. When we decided to change our diet I thought I would make it a bit easier on him by modifying some of the foods he loves!
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 30mins
Yield: about 24 triangles
- 100g Butter (can use coconut oil)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 t stevia (optional but add an extra Tbs maple syrup if not using stevia)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup crushed frozen raspberries
- Turn oven onto 180c
- Put butter, maple syrup cocoa and stevia in a large pot and melt over medium heat.
- Beat eggs into chocolate mixture one at a time.
- Fold almond flour, baking powder, salt and raspberries into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Transfer mixture into baking dish (approx 20cm x 30cm)
- Bake for 30mins or until set and inserted skewer comes out clean.
This brownie is quite rich – a bit like eating really dark chocolate. You could always add more maple syrup but the point of this is to try and eliminate as much sugar as possible.
It goes really well with some Mixed Berry Sauce and whipped cream!
Amount per serving - approx 24 servings
|Total Fat||4.6g||Dietary Fibre||2.2g|
Please note: polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat contents may be inaccurate as they are not required to be listed on all nutritional information, therefore their values are unavailable in some ingredients.