The orange in these makes them a tasty little treat.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Servings: approx 24 mini muffins
- 120g Butter (can use coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 2 T pure maple syrup or 1/4 cup organic rice malt syrup (no fructose)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 coconut flour
- 2 scoops Chocolate 180Superfood (or use extra 1/3 cup coconut flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 t stevia
- Finely grated rind of one orange
- 8 squares finely chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Turn oven onto 180c
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy (I put them in the electric mixer while I am doing the rest of the recipe)
- Put butter and maple syrup in a small pot and melt over medium heat, add grated orange rind.
- Sieve 180Superfood, cocoa, baking powder, stevia and coconut flour into a large bowl, add chocolate pieces and mix to combine.
- Pour beaten eggs and butter mixture into dry ingredients.
- Fold together with a wooden spoon until just combined (will seem really wet at first but won't be by the time it is all combined)
- Spoon into lined mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 20mins or until firm to touch.
- Ice with Orange Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing