This is a great one for the kids!
Prep time: 2mins
Cook time: 10mins
Set time: 2 hours (less if you put it in the freezer)
Yield: about 20 4 x 5cm squares
- 1/2 cup unpopped pop-corn
- 100g butter
- 1Tbs raw honey
- Pop popcorn in air popper or in a large pot with coconut oil.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put butter and honey in a small bot and simmer for about 3 mins until it caramelises - will be all bubbly and golden.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir until evenly covered (you need to do this reasonably quickly or it will set)
- Transfer mixture to a lined baking dish (about 30 x 20cm)
- Place a piece of baking paper on top and press mixture firmly into dish to make an even layer.
- Refrigerate until set, cut into pieces.
- Keep in a container in the fridge.
This doesn't do so well in lunchboxes - tends to melt and fall apart (especially over summer). If you want to use it as a lunchbox option, don't process popcorn, stir caramel mixture through and then fill paper muffin cases with popcorn. This way it won't end up all through their lunchboxes. Will still need to be stored in the fridge or popcorn will go soft.