Our kids LOVE this for dinner and the meat balls work well in school lunches the next day! Serve with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Prep time: 30mins
Cook time: 20mins
Yield: about 20 meatballs and 1 1/2 cups sauce
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Madras Curry Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined and sticky (using your hands works best).
- Roll into balls and refrigerate for 20mins (helps them to hold together when cooking)
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, add meatballs and cook for about 20mins, turning regularly until cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking make sauce and cook rice.
- 4 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (I just use the juice out of a can of crushed pineapple - Juice NOT syrup! - you could always put the pineapple in the meatballs)
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp five spice
- pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins to thicken slightly.
- Place rice on plate, top with meatballs then sauce and a sprinkling of parsley to garnish