I was thinking about weetbix, the simplicity of just getting something out of a packet, putting it in a bowl and adding milk..... sigh. I wanted a quick easy option that was actually really nutritious so I came up with this. Please remember the idea behind it was weetbix so this recipe is not super sweet or amazingly flavourful, it is a practical solution to breakfast. It is however very nice served warm with some cream and berries and I have included options for adding a bit more flavour.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 40mins
Servings: approx 12 (3cm x 8cm slice)
- 50g melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 3/4 cup milk (can use coconut cream instead)
- 3 scoops coconut 180Superfood
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Melt butter and whisk together with eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and milk (or coconut cream)
- In a large bowl mix together all other ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients stir gently until combined.
- Line a 28 x 18cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Spoon mixture into tray and evenly spread.
- Bake for approx. 40 mins until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Serve warmed with berries and cream or just eat as is.
- Take out 1/2 cup of liquid and add 1 cup mashed banana
- Add two grated apples and 1/3 cup chopped dates or take out some liquid and add apple puree
- Add 1 cup berries of your choice (I think blueberries work best)
- Make a chocolate version - Use chocolate 180Superfood, take out cinnamon and add 2 Tbs cocoa and 1 cup crushed, frozen raspberries.