This is a recipe I often use as a birthday cake. Very low in sugar, grain-free and delicious!
For the cake I use my Almond Flour Brownie recipe here. Divide mixture between two 18cm diameter cake tins and bake for about 20 mins until firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool completely (I usually make them the day before)
- Whipped cream (approx 1 cup fresh whipped)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Put berries in a pot and heat slowly to defrost and turn raspberries to sauce.
- 3/4 cup cream
- 12 squares (75g) dark chocolate
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put cream in a small pot and heat over medium until bubbles start to form around edges.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate, salt and vanilla.
- Stand for about 3 mins.
- Put in fridge until sets to spreading consistency.
- Place one cake on a cake dish or nice plate.
- Top with cream and then berries (can put a thin layer of Chocolate Ganache on first if desired)
- Place second cake carefully on top.
- Cover with Chocolate Ganache and a sprinkling of raspberries.