This is a super low carb, high protein, high fat loaf, it is gain-free, sugar-free and has dairy-free options. Delicious served toasted with eggs or avocado (or both) or just use as a sandwich base and fill with your favourite ingredients.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 50mins
Yield: approx 20 slices
- 3 scoops Coconut 180Superfood
- 1 cup ground linseed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60g melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt or coconut cream
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and process until ground but still with some chunky bits.
- In a large bowl mix together 180, ground linseed, chia seeds, sesame seeds, salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix gently to combine - will make a thick batter (not a bread dough), if it seems too dry add some extra yoghurt or coconut cream.
- Transfer to loaf tin and bake for approx 50mins until firm.
Amount per slice - approx 20 slices
|Total Fat||12.4g||Dietary Fibre||3.2g|
Net Carbs per slice = 1.7g (Total carbs - indigestible fibre which has no impact on blood sugar).