This is a great grain-free option if you are hankering after a piece of raisin bread. Sugar free, grain-free and with dairy-free options.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 50 - 55mins
Yield: 1 small loaf 24 x 10cm approx 730g (20 slices)
- 3 heaped scoops Coconut 180Superfood (this really helps to bind the loaf)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or you can use 1/2 cup coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup ground linseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind (optional)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates (or use a mixture)
- 60g melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup natural yoghurt or coconut cream
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients and orange rind.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix until combined - should make a thick batter (a bit like a cake batter), add more yoghurt or coconut cream if it seems too dry.
- Transfer to baking tin and bake for 50mins until firm and golden - can insert a skewer to test.