Our kids LOVE this bread, it is really nice just buttered or served with a generous helping of avocado. You can even pop it in the toaster and it will come out golden and crispy! I used chocolate 180 in the one pictured so it turned out quite dark (not recommended - didn't taste as good as using coconut 180).
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 50mins
Yield: 1 loaf 24 x 14cm (about 24 slices depending on thickness)
- 1 cup Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 3 Scoops Coconut 180Superfood (or use an extra 3/4 cup spelt flour)
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Raisins or Chopped Dates (or use a mixture)
- 2 tsp Finely Grated Orange Rind (optional)
- 100g Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened Natural Yoghurt (could also use coconut cream)
- 1 1/2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a 24 x 14cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together 180Superfood, spelt flour, spices, salt, raisins and orange rind.
- In another bowl whisk together butter, eggs, yoghurt, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk to form a thick batter.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin.
- Cook for 50mins until firm and golden (cooked when inserted skewer comes out clean).