I really wanted some bread with my Spiced Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup so I threw this together and it is DELICIOUS!
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 50mins
Yield: One small loaf - 18 x 10cm
- 50g melted butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbs Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea slat
- 1/2 cup ground linseed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (use a gluten-free aluminium free one if you can)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Extra seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse until reasonably finely chopped (mine were a mixture of fine and chunky)
- In a bowl combine almond flour, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and linseed.
- Add butter and eggs, whisk to form a thick batter.
- Stir through baking powder and apple cider vinegar.
- Spoon into a small, lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 mins until firm and golden (keep an eye on it - it is a bit like baking a cake)
- Remove from oven and leave to cool (or you can slice hot).
- Wrap in baking paper and store in fridge.
- Serve with soup or topping of your choice.