This is a lot nicer than it sounds. Great served as a side dish with Indian dishes or with cheese and crackers. Fermented foods are full of good bacteria that are very beneficial to your gut health.
Prep time: 20mins
Fermentation time: 48 hours
Yield: approx 2 1/2 cups
- 2 persimmons
- 2 apples
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or grated
- White end of a spring onion
- 1 green chili finely diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup whey
- Remove skin from apples and persimmons and dice.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Transfer to a wide-mouth mason jar, press down with a wooden pounder or meat hammer (or just use the back of your fingers) until juices come to the top.
- The mixture should be at least 1inch below the top of the jar.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for 2 days before transferring to the fridge.
- Should be eaten within two months.