This is a really tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 20mins
Ingredients (Tandoori Chicken):
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into thin slices
- 3 gloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp ground coriander (1 Tbs whole)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (2 tsp whole)
- 1 tsp turmeric (1 Tbs fresh)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 Tbs curry powder (I use the Madras one)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- If using whole spices, place in a spice grinder and finely grind.
- Combine all spices, garlic, ginger, salt and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Toss with chicken until completely covered.
- Melt butter in a heavy based frypan or casserole dish.
- Add chicken mixture and chicken stock.
- Gently simmer for 20mins until liquid has reduced and thickened and chicken is tender.
- Stir through cream.
- Serve over steamed brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- Top with some Fermented Apple and Persimmon Chutney.