These are a great Low Carb option, they take a bit longer to cook so make sure you don't have the pan too hot, they work really well in a waffle maker.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins each
Yield: 4 pancakes
- 25g melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flour OR 1/4 cup coconut flour + 1 big scoop Coconut 180Superfood
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Whisk together butter, vanilla and eggs
- Add coconut flour and baking powder, whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Leave to sit for 5mins (will thicken - if it ends up too thick whisk through some coconut cream or milk) This is a reasonably thick mixture but not gluggy.
- Heat a heavy based fry pan to medium heat, add a blob of butter or coconut oil
- Place spoonfuls of batter into pan (I make them about 10cm diameter otherwise they are really hard to flip)
- Wait until bubbles start to form on top, then flip and cook until golden on both sides
- These will take awhile to cook so make sure the pan isn't too hot.
- Alternatively put the mixture in a waffle maker - this works well because it cooks them from both sides.
- Serve with whipped cream, berries and bacon. Or whatever tickles your fancy!