These can be put in a waffle maker or made as pancakes. It also works well made into pikelets as a snack for the kids.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 3mins (per waffle)
Serves: 8 waffles
- 1 cup Spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Melt butter, whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk together slowly adding milk to form a thick batter (add more or less milk to reach desired consistency).
- Leave to sit for 5 mins, add more milk if necessary.
- Place spoonfuls into hot waffle maker or pan.
- Cook until golden (will take a bit longer than 'traditional' waffles/pancakes)