Making the most of seasonal fruit and developing recipes to suit.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 20mins
Serves: 10 - 12 muffins
- 5 eggs
- 120g butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large pear diced
- 3 figs skinned and mashed or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dates (optional and not necessary)
- Pre-heat oven to 160c.
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- In a small pot melt together butter or coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Add figs and pear
- Pour eggs and melted butter into dry ingredients, gently fold together until just combined.
- Spoon into silicone muffin cases (they don't rise much so don't be shy when filling them up).
- Bake for 20mins until golden and firm to touch