Want some pasta but without the pasta? This is a good option ....
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
- 6 Large zucchini (or use a marrow if you have one in the garden)
- Using a kumara or potato peeler, peel off the outer green skin (save it to add to mince if making bolognese sauce)
- When the zucchini is all white, work your way around it peeling off long thin strips until you reach the seeds (I then cut up the centre core and add it to my bolognese sauce)
- Once your topping sauce is ready, steam the zucchini pasta for about three minutes until al-dente (cooked but not soggy), or if you don't have a steamer cook in simmering salted water for about three minutes.
- Drain and place on heated plates
- Top with or stir through sauce of choice