Our family have never been big pasts eaters but it is always nice to have as an option. This is spaghetti bolognese without the processed pasta - using zucchini instead, the mince is delicious and the zucchini works well as a vessel to put it on!
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 30mins
- Zucchini Pasta - prepare this first (but don't cook until meat is ready)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 600g beef mince
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano or 1 Tbs dried
- Finely chopped skins and cores of zucchini (from making pasta)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 2 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Grated parmesan or colby cheese for topping
- Heat oil in deep pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add mince, cook until browned all over.
- Add oregano, tomatoes, zucchini off cuts, tomato paste, paprika, chili seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine and simmer for approx 20mins until well cooked and delicious - add more seasoning to taste.
- Place plates in oven to warm (pasta will go cold fast on cold plates)
- Cook Zucchini Pasta, drain and place on plates.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and some chili flakes for some added heat.