The cream cheese in the centre of these makes them a real treat!
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 6 eggs
- 120g melted butter or coconut oil
- 1Tbs raw honey
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- Rind and juice of two lemons
- 1 cup coconut cream or yoghurt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 100g cream cheese (optional)
- Extra blueberries for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl beat eggs until light in colour, thick and fluffy (will take awhile but worth it).
- In a small pot slowly melt butter (or coconut oil) and honey until honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut cream, lemon juice and rind.
- Sift coconut flour, baking powder and stevia into egg mixture, add desiccated coconut and butter mixture.
- Gently fold until almost combined then add blueberries and continue mixing gently until completely combined, taking care to keep the air in the mixture.
- Half full greased muffin cases with mixture.
- Place a tea-spoon (depending on size of muffin case) of cream cheese on top.
- Completely cover with mixture to fill muffin case - they don't rise much so fill them up!
- Bake 160c for approx 20mins until firm to touch