This is one of my all time favourite meals. Not something I will generally serve to the kids, more of a special meal that I save for when they are away or I will give them something suprer simple and then we will have this later.
Ingredients (to marinate chicken):
- 500g Boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine garlic, ginger and tamari, pour over chicken and toss to combine.
- Set aside to marinate.
Ingredients (to make dish):
- 1 Tbs coconut oil for frying
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups cut green beans (sometimes I use broccoli instead)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 finely chopped chili (optional)
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a heavy based pan over medium.
- Add walnuts and a good grind of sea salt - toss until golden and crispy (they burn easily so don't leave them).
- Transfer to a dish.
- Add another tsp coconut oil to pan, add chicken and stirfry for 5 mins until almost cooked. Set aside.
- Bring pan back up to heat with remaining oil, add ginger, garlic and beans or broccoli and chili if using.
- Cook, stirring for about 3mins.
- Add cooked chicken, tamari and white wine.
- Cook for a further 5 mins until chicken is completely cooked and beans are cooked but still crispy.
- Spoon into serving dishes and top with walnuts and some chili flakes.