These were a school holiday experiment that turned out delicious. The cocoa butter in them makes them stay hard at room temperature so they will work well in school lunches. Minimal sweetener and full of good fat and protein, a great treat for the kids (and adults!)
Prep time: 15mins
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
Servings: Fills approx 20 mini muffin cases
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter (can just use butter or extra coconut oil - they will just need to be kept cool otherwise they will have a tendency to fall apart)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup (or other natural sugar substitute)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond flakes
- 1 - 2 big scoop(s) Chocolate 180 Superfood (can just use extra seeds/nuts/almond flour/desiccated coconut)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbs dried unsweetened cranberries or gogi berries
- You can use and mixture of chopped nuts and dried fruit
- Place cocoa butter, coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup in a pot and melt over medium heat.
- Stir through all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fill mini muffin cases with mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in container in fridge