Summer is here and so is a wide variety of seasonal vegetables. This recipe makes the most of fresh, raw veggies with a delicious Thai twist. Have it on its own or serve with your favourite protein.
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 0mins
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 head of broccoli or a bunch of broccolini
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 button mushrooms
- 2 radishes
- 1 red chili (optional)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 Tbs lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Thinly slice lengthwise the zucchini, capsicum and red onion.
- Slice broccoli into small florets.
- Cut woody ends off asparagus and lightly blanch (Put in boiling water for about three mins)
- Mix all veggies together in a bowl with coriander sesame seeds and cashews
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbs tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs finely chopped coriander stems
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Pour over veggies and toss to coat.
Serve with seared, thinly sliced steak or pan-fried fish or chicken breast.