This is really nice eaten as a cake, or served warm with homemade Coffee and Date ice-cream or a bit of whipped cream.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 75mins
- 120g melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 5 eggs beaten until light and fluffy
- 3/4 cup apple puree
- 1 1/2 Tbs espresso coffee
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia (optional)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 finely diced apple
- Extra apple cut into slices for decorating
- Heat oven to 160c and line a 20cm diameter cake tin
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour,ground flax seed, cinnamon, stevia and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add diced apple, dates and walnuts, mix with hands to ensure dates and apple are evenly spread through dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- In a small pot melt butter, add applesauce and espresso.
- Add beaten eggs and butter mixture to dry ingredients and fold together gently until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin, decorate with overlapping apple slices
- Bake for approx 75mins until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Sliced up as a cake.
- As dessert with Homemade Ice-cream.
- As a dessert with whipped cream (add 1 Tbs espresso coffee to make a bit more special).
- Make into mini muffins for the kids lunch-boxes.